Christmas lights are always fun to see, but some people and places go above and beyond when it comes to stringing them up. Last night, Grandma and Granddaddy took us to one of their favorite places of all times. It is known as Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Now, I have been coming to this particular garden ever since I was a little girl. Casey however, had never been to a botanical garden before. We told him he was in for a real treat. The DSBG has started a holiday light tradition, and you just have to see it to believe it. My pictures do not do it justice. They start putting out the lights in September, in order to get it all done by the beginning of December. Unfortunatly, most of my pictures were blurry. Therefore I only have a few to share.
This one is kind of blurry, but I wanted to show a small section of the garden.
As you can see, there was still snow on the ground.
It was literally freezing last night, so when we came inside from our tour Granddaddy bought us all hot chocolate. We sat and drank it in the main building, which is also beautifully decorated. I loved this big wreath.
One of the other big attractions at this time of year inside the main building is the Christmas tree made entirely out of different types of orchids. I love the variety of natural colors!
Here is a close-up of the tree.
I'll leave you with a splash of red!
Stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment