Monday, August 15, 2011

Diaper Cake

I have been meaning to post these pictures for awhile now.  Two weeks ago I helped host a baby boy brunch shower for my friend Marianna.  I was responsible for the cinni mini's and the diaper cake.  Thankfully, my college rommie, Amy came into town.  She is way crafty.

Rubber bands are important in the making of this cake.  (I'm sure there are other ways to do it).

I think baby socks are just the sweetest.

We built it on one of my cake plates, in order to determine the size.  Once we had rolled/rubberbanded enough individual diapers, I held them together while Amy placed a big rubber band around each layer.  We stuffed/adjusted as needed.  I think our top layer was either 7 or 8 diapers total.  Target brand diapers are fun, and less expensive versus a white namebrand diaper. 

Here is Mrs. Crafty in action. 

The icing between the layers.

Trying to figure out the placement for the socks, etc.

Ta-Da!

We took the finished product over to the host house, and set it up on the gift table with the little soft bear next to it.

But it ended up as the centerpiece for the food table.  It received many ooh's and ahh's.

These hung over the diaper cake.
It was a sweet time.
Looks like the next baby shower in our little circle will be for a girl!


No comments: