Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year is Here

A fresh start is upon us - welcome 2013!

How was your holiday season?

Ours was pretty typical - rest and relaxation, family, and lots of holiday food.  We spent a couple of days before Christmas through a couple of days after Christmas with Casey's family in the Jackson, MS area.  It was nice to have a break from any major travels.  We enjoy traveling, but sometimes it's fun to stay close to home. 

Mmm hmmm.


Our sweet nephew had a blast tearing into his presents.


It is a good thing we came home when we did.  You see, our house/yard has drainage issues and it rained quite a good bit while we were gone, and when we got back.  Casey spent a very rainy Friday last week outside figuring out how our the gutter installation will work, what type of landscaping will help create waterflow moving away from our house, etc.  Also, I discovered our roof was leaking. Oh AND we burned a fuse while replacing a light fixture and half of our kitchen has been without power until today.
Casey's dad sent an electrician our way and he fixed every last problem we had electrically (more than just the kitchen!)  His dad is kindly taking care of the bill - big early happy birthday to us!

We found ourselves laughing over the weekend when problem after problem kept springing up.  We bought an old house and have only lived here for 6 months, hence it was only a matter of time to before some sort of house breakdowns occurred.  It's just part of it and we were told just that. Life goes on.

Case and I both returned to work today and are looking forward to settling into routine  again.  We thoroughly enjoyed our time off, but time off wouldn't be as enjoyable if we had it all the time.  I am glad however, that I still have two more weeks off from school.  I think I'll be mentally prepared to go back by then.

I packed up all things Christmas over the weekend. To me, it is kind of sad to take down the Christmas decorations because I like having them out, but at the same time I'm always so glad to have them packed up and put away. I realize that doesn't make much sense.



 Wishing all a very Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Love this and love you both. Hope all is well and Happy New Year!