Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's one of

my favorite days of the year!  I've always loved Christmas Eve Eve, ever since I was a little girl.  Growing up we had a Christmas story cassette tape that had a song titled "Christmas Eve Eve."  Stephen and Aaron (my brothers) and I always sang it with gusto every year.  I don't remember what the tape was called - sorry Mom! :) 
Anyway, today this girl has a long list of packing and cleaning to do before we leave town this afternoon.  However, I wanted to do one more post before I am going to be out of pocket for the next few days.  In other words, internet will not be readily available, and I will be soaking in time with family.

I wanted to share the latest project I just finished with Casey this past weekend.  We want to start documenting when we did what, because we know we won't remember as time goes on.  

It started with me taking pictures like this...


Because I wanted to spell out our last name.  Now, Taggart has seven letters, and I could not find a single frame that had seven 4x6 picture slots for this project to work.  So, we had Casey's grandfather (known as Papa) build one. 

It was perfect!  This is a picture of it after I stained it.  I forgot to take one of the natural color, but it was much lighter than this.
Next, I painted it a navy blue color. 

                     And weeks later Casey and I distressed it with some fine sand paper.

                          He had been hunting - can you tell by the hat hair?
                     Here is a picture of the contrast of one half sanded and the other waiting to be sanded.
That afternoon we took it to Hobby Lobby to cut and install the matt, glass, and backing.
Here is the finished product.  We are very excited about having this new "homey" touch. 

Here is a close-up for good measure.


Have a Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

2 comments:

Molly Griffith said...

So cute Rach!

Rachel said...

Thanks Molls! It was fun to do :)