Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Boy shower

Yesterday, three of my friends and I gave a diaper shower for my former (female) RUF intern.  RUF is the campus ministry that Casey and I were a part of during our time at Southern Miss.  Now, Rebecca is expecting her second child, and she had a shower for the first child (a girl). BUT I secretly just wanted an excuse to get a bunch of friends together.  So, between four us, we pulled it off with success! 

Elizabeth was one of the hostesses and graciously offered to have it at her house.  She is an interior designer and her house is adorable/funky/welcoming.  It was perfect.  

Here is a shot of the living room.  We added extra chairs.

Mason jars...

Here is the table minus two dishes that were still in the works.

Close-up of the tulips and golden rod Elizabeth found at Wal-Mart.
      

This was one of Marianna's (hostess) contributions.  Lemon bars made from scratch!  I'm asking for the recipe.

 The dip was one of my contributions.

And the cupcake/pastry creation was one of Elizabeth'sThey were so chocolatey and good!

Two more shots of the table.  Did I take too many of the table? I liked all the different angles.



I wish I had taken a picutre of the colorful fruit tray Kelsey (hostess) did.  It was a hit.

We served punch, water, and coffee.

See the diaper cake Marianna and I made.

We learned that Target brand diapers are both way cuter and less expensive than regular ones.  That was a tip from the guest of honor herself.



And of course, there is a picture of the four of us + Rebecca on everyone else's camera except mine. Fail.  I will do better next time as far as group shots are concerned.

We had a blast and we love you Rebecca!



No comments: