However, the past few years of Valentine Day's have been some of my favorite because of a certain someone. Cheesy, cheesy, I know - but alas it is true. This year marks the fourth year that I have shared Valentine's day with Casey in some way.
1st year - we had just started hanging out and had been on a couple of dates.
2nd year - we were officially dating with the intentions of marriage.
3rd year - we were engaged and counting down the days till June 5th!
4th year - (this year) we are married and cannot believe how fast the time flies.
He went with the classic red roses.
I have really enjoyed them being on the table.
He was also very sweet and surprised me with the complete movie set of Anne of Green Gables. I was thrilled! He gave it to me on Saturday, so you can just guess what we did all weekend. It was important to me that Casey be redeemed as soon as possible from never seeing them. When we finished watching them I turned to him with a big smile and said, "Now your life is complete."
Moving on...Have you ever heard of this book?
We received it from Casey's parents as a Christmas present. We read it before bed, and have found that there are countless ways to address love. We already knew that, but it is neat to see love be put into different words each day. After all, love is the root of everything. That makes sense, since our Creator IS love. So far, we have fallen behind every week, but they are so short that it is easy to double up and catch up. We realize it is only February, but we hope to read it all the way through till December. It is well worth a few minutes of every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment