Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Colorful Canvas

Do you ever feel like you need a fun project?  And I don't mean cleaning out your closet, although sometimes that is enjoyable to me.
Anyway, I saw this idea on The Pleated Poppy (you should click and see hers first) and really wanted to create one for our home.


A mix of brown, gold, white, and gray.

Casey helped me with the geometry part of it.  He is very precise and has a steady hand.

I bought a 24 inch ruler with a metal straight edge.  It was nice to have around.

Our squares are 2 inches by 2 inches because we used a 4 inch circle.  According to Lindsey, you half your circle for the squares. 

We used a protractor to trace our circles.   


Now for the most time consuming/fun part.









I really like the neutral colors - the black, white, brown, and gray really make the canvas "pop" in my opinion.  As you can maybe tell from this photo, I had to do a second coat for some of the colors.



Here is the finished product! I love color.  You should have seen my freshman dormroom.

Not sure which way I want it to hang yet.
One thing is for sure, the old nails it is hanging on nail are not level...Oh well, easily fixed.

5 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

that looks great!!

Sarah Barry said...

so cool, Rachel.

KNixon said...

This makes me happy. Miss yall! Hope to see you at Gameday this weekend.

Mrs. Wood and Mrs. Jefcoat said...

Love the painting! May have to steal that idea to use with the sixth graders!

kgtramel said...

Love this...very creative!