While growing up, my mom primarily grocery shopped and cooked most meals. In college, I had a meal plan all 4 years. However, when I got married the grocery shopping and cooking fell to me. Casey does not enjoy any kind of shopping - except for the type of shopping that you do in music stores. That is pretty much it for him. He is beyond grateful that I go every week. Yes, I go once a week. I can't think/plan ahead much more than that.
By the time I flip through cookbooks or look online to meal plan, find all of the grocerices to put into the cart, go through the check-out line, load them into my car, unload them at home, and put everything away, I feel like I have developed a relationship milk, juice, nutmeg, and everything else. Maybe that is dramatic, but I sometimes feel that way (while laughing at myself at the same time). That being said, it is down right refreshing to sit down at a restaurant and order anything without having to do the legwork. I always try to order things that I would never attempt at home or things that have hard-to-come-by ingrediants.
Ordering dessert is especially fun. I took this awhile back, when we took our friend Nathan out to lunch for his birthday.
Pretty to look at and melts in your mouth - how can it be better?
Mom, thank you for meal planning and shopping for all of those years and for continuing to do so!

1 comment:
i LOVE to go out to eat. it's my love language. if someone takes me out to eat they have my heart forever.
that dessert looks so yummy.
Post a Comment