Thursday, September 6, 2012

Issac plus Labor Day Weekend

This is a glimpse of the small river we obtained in our backyard during Hurricane Issac.   There was another small river at the very back of our yard - that is where Casey is headed, he had to check it out.

I was out of school and work for two days, while Casey's company pressed on through.


I made Zuchinni Bars to take up to my parents - that where we stayed during the long weekend.  It was the first time we had seen my brother Stephen since before he went for North Dakota for the summer to work.
One of the projects I tackled over the weekend was re-doing my jewelry holder.  I took out screen (which holds my earrings), sanded it down, and repainted it.  In college it was hot pink, and then the first summer we were married, I went though a brown phase.  That's a phase I pretty much regret, so I finally decided to change it.  I painted it with a color we already had in storage, and the new screen with tax cost me $3.18.  No big expensive project here.

before 

during

after

I decided that before the new screen went on, I needed to gather up the peeps for some pictures.
The peeps minus Casey because he is the one with the camera.
sibling love.



The boys really wanted to take a good picture together.
Then we made them laugh.
and we got good pictures.
Case and I were doing well until...
a bug flew right into his smiling mouth.
Group shot.
Trying to get situated.
All hot and sweaty by this point.  It was a blazin' 99 degrees. 
But I did take a few more pics of Stephen and Bethany.

We had ribs on Sunday night after church - so good. The jar of BBQ sauce is from Leetha's in Hattiesburg - my dad purchased it when they came down to help us move.  Leetha's is quite well known and has been highlighted on the Food Network.  It's a hole-in-the-wall establishment with window units to boot - those are always the best kind.

Love making my dad laugh.

Rib flippin' is serious business.

We topped everything off with red velvet cake.
Can you blame us?
Hope you all had a great Labor Day!

1 comment:

Stephanie C. said...

man, i wish i was at that labor day party!

and the picture of the bug flying into casey is hillarious :)