Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Promise

Today was one of those days both Casey and I would like to write off the books.  He sent me a warning text saying, "I need to run off some steam as soon as I get home."  I appreciated the heads up and did my best to put on a brave face upon his arrival.  My brave face lasted through me cooking potato soup while he ran, and then I broke down.  Tears. Tissues. Hugs.  As we comforted one another we reminded each other that tomorrow is a new day. Granted we are not promised tomorrow, and we need to be thankful for each day we are given.  However, sometimes bad days just happen.  Whenever these types of days occur, I am encouraged by reading the story of Noah's ark.  I can't imagine being cooped up for months in a boat with bugs, wild animals, and horrible smells. ICK.
The ending is amazing though - God's posts a brilliant rainbow in the sky and promises to never flood the entire earth again.

Bad days come - they shake things up, but then they leave, and God's promise remains the same through it all.  AND It will forever remain unbroken.
That is something I can rejoice in and sleep on. 


Rainbow pic taken in the Delta over Labor Day weekend.

No comments: