Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Our weekend in Jackson

This past weekend we drove up to Jackson, MS to celebrate (Casey's) Papa's 65th birthday.  It was a great gathering time for the family.  Two of Papa's siblings (he is one of six) flew in and completely surprised him.  We didn't arrive in time the see the shocked look, but we heard it was a priceless one.  As per usual, Nanny went above and beyond on the party food.  We had BBQ sandwiches, potato salad, corn dip, spinach dip, meatballs, pimento cheese with celery sticks, rotel, and a cheese ball.  Oh yeah, and birthday cake.  Needless to say, we were FULL when it was all said and done.  I do not have any pictures of the actual celebration because I chose to enjoy the moment and I didn't feel like going inside to dig through my purse to find my camera.  However, on Sunday afternoon I took some pictures of the Bradford Pears blooming on Nanny and Papa's street.  I know numerous people are allergic to them, but in my opinion, they are beautiful!          




Too bad the power lines are in the pictures.

Isn't that a pretty way to line a driveway?

I also took pictures of Casey with Missy.  Casey and Missy are the exact same age.  He was four when he started riding her four-year-old self.

There's Lil' Bit over to the left.



Missy still holds a special place in his heart though.

We also loaded up some free weights for us to workout with.  They've been in Papa's barn and not in our schedule.  Hopefully, that will change...

Papa has some pretty neat stuff in his barn.

That's all for today.  I hope to be back sooner than later!

No comments: