During the drive, we stopped at Sonic. Sometimes, there is nothing better than a good ole' fashioned hot dog. I almost can't understand why some people despise them so much, but they do. Our Strawberry Cream Slush's really hit the spot too.
When we pulled into the flatlands, Casey sniffed and said, "Ugh, what is that smell?" I replied, "Defoliant, this is what September smells like in the Delta. The farmers have to spray it in order to kill/prep the cotton plants for harvesting." It's funny, I didn't mind smelling it one bit because it brought back memories. Smells are weird like that.
I didn't take one single picture while I was in Cleveland. But on our way back, we say a doe and her two fawns grazing right in the middle of Clinton, MS. We pulled over, and were able to get fairly close for a couple of snapshots with my phone.
You could say that I come from the same place that my brothers do, as far as having an appreciation for wildlife. It's a wonderful thing to behold. (Except for bugs in your bathroom, or house, period.)




1 comment:
I really want some cotton "bouquets" for my vase. Steal me some ;)
Post a Comment