Friday, November 11, 2011

Sew much to catch up on

This year, Santa came to see me early on.

I had no idea he was coming this early - Casey had mentioned he was making a "sooner than usual appearance".  

This is what he brought.
I am so excited!  I took sewing classes when I was younger, but don't remember too much.  However, I come from a line of sewing women.  My mom claims she's not, but she is - she just hasn't sewn in awhile.  She made many of my dresses when I was little.  She and Casey's Nanny are going to have to give me some lessons/guidance.  I am going to start small and see how it goes.

In other news, I have found my new favorite baby shower gift to give.  Tiny Toms.  They are precious and make me giddy.   I took this pair to a shower last Saturday and am taking another pair exactly like them to a shower tomorrow. 
 (Don't worry, the expectant mother does not read my blog). 



I know they're not for a baby, but babies grow into toddlers so why not give them something they can wear down the line.  Plus, some other precious toddler in the world will get a pair - just like I mentioned in in this post.



I held the box up to my face so you could see how tiny it is.

Pink is always fun.

It's hard to belive that today is 11/11/11.  Fall is in full swing and we have lots little pumpkins around.


These take turns with the....
 
with the candles on the table.  We enjoy dining by candlelight.

My brothers cut this wheat for me this summer.  It's a great free, fall decoration.

Lastly, I made Pdub's broccoli cheddar soup for supper last night. 



It is a good soup.    Recipe found here. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments: