It's other purpose: to make us stay in shape during the Holiday season and beyond. We have been working too hard to let it all slip away simply because we are "holidaying."
It was a fun race, because many of the runners dressed up in Christmas themed attire, and the people who cheered for us rang jingle bells.
It was a challenging race, because you either ran uphill OR downhill the entire 3.1 miles. There really was no in-between.
There is just no way to prepare for that if you live in the Delta like my parents, and as for me and Casey...we have some hills but sometimes we prefer the flat track in town.
Here we are after the race. We were feeling so good about ourselves, we decided we needed to go to Cracker Barrel for a re-energizing breakfast. ha!
Every time I step outside to walk or run, I take a moment to reflect and praise God that I can do both! What a blessing. Exercising is something I can easily take for granted, and it is easy to grumble about.
Mom and Dad, we had a blast hangin' out over the weekend.
Next year, we'll all have a time to beat!


No comments:
Post a Comment