This is a shot of the mango salsa. It was super easy to put together.
Here it is atop the tilapia.
This is what Casey thought about the dish.
Ingrediants for Tilapia:
- half cup extra-virgin olive oil - 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced - 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil - 4 tilapia fillets
Ingrediants for Mango Salsa:
- 2/3 cup chopped mango - 2 teaspoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice - 2 teaspoons minced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice - 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 teaspoons minced jalapeno - 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons minced red onion
My modifications:
- I used mandarin oranges instead of mango (I didn't have a mango, and this was a great substitute).
- I used garlic powder instead of chopping my own
- I doubled the red pepper because I didn't have a green pepper
- I used our George-Foreman Grill
1. Stir the olive oil, garlic, basil, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl. Put the tilapia fillets in a resealable plastic bag; pour the olive oil mixture over the fillets and seal the bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hours.
2. Make the salsa by stirring the mango, lime juice, orange juice, jalapeno pepper, red onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, parsley, and black pepper together in a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
4. Remove the tilapia from the marinade, shaking off any excess oil, and wrap each fillet in a piece of aluminum foil.
5. Cook the tilapia on the preheated grill until the flesh easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Spoon the salsa over the tilapia to serve.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment