Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thankful Thoughts

Last night I got out of my night class, and there was an icy mist coming down.  I scurried to my car and cranked it up as quickly as possible.  A few minutes passed and my heated seat kicked in.  I leaned back and enjoyed the remainder of the drive home.  When I got home I turned on the heat and took a WARM shower.  I put on cozy pajamas and watched the remainder of the National Championship with Casey - curled up in a quilt.  As I laid down in bed, I thought about how thankful I am for a warm car, warm home, warm shower, warm clothes, and how I typically take all of those for granted.  I often remember to be thankful for those types of things in November, but rarely do I think about them in January.  Therefore, I've decided to make a New Year's resolution today.  (I realize that it is the 11th, but stay with me.)  I am going to make more of an effort to thank God for all He has blessed us with throughout this entire year.  If I take a moment to slow down every once and awhile I really am left without excuse.  I know this sounds so simple, yet for me it's not always.  Which is the reason I want to form a better habit of it, so it becomes more natural all the time!

Speaking of saying thank you, a big thanks to my sweet college roomie for my early birthday present.  Here are some pictures.  Any guesses?  I am really excited about it...and I had to ask her what it was, because I didn't read the label.
It's a casserole carrier!
You just slide the dish in the pocket underneath the spoon.

And it has this as the base to make it sturdy...


And here is a picture of roomie (aka Amy Beaugh) and me :)
This picture will be reversed on June 4th of this year!


That's all I have for today!

No comments: