Thursday, July 21, 2011

My thoughts on athletic wear

A few weeks back, I hit the ground running.  Literally.  I have finally started running consistently again, and I love it.  I sleep better, have a better appetite, focus more at work, and overall just feel better about my body.  Also, I'm enjoying the fact that I am running for nothing else other than simply running.  In the past, I have either run in conjunction with my swim training (back in the day) or been training for a long distance race.  I don't think I'll be signing up for any races any time soon either.  It is nice to know that if I miss a day due to life's unpredictable occurrences, that I will be okay.  One slight problem did occur when I started back though - shin splints.  Yuck, whenever I get those I know it is time for a new pair of shoes.  I did some research, took Casey's advice among others, and settled on Reebok's latest line of running shoes called ReebokRealflex.  I know, I know, I've never associated Reebok shoes with running...but take my word for it.  These shoes are great!  Shin splints gone, and these shoes move with my feet.  They do not have to be "broken" in one bit. 
Now, I have been a faithful New Balance, Asics, and Addias running shoe junkie over the years, but the Reebok's are my favorite so far...just my opinion.

I also bought pink insoles that offer more support.  Basically, they just extend the life of the shoes and help out with shin splints.  I can really feel the difference.


Casey's had his a few weeks longer than me, and has been very pleased with them.

By the way, how many of you enjoy wearing Nike running shorts?  I wear them often, but recently bought my first pair of Soffe shorts, and I like them equally as much if not more than the Nike.  I feel like I have more room to move in them, and they are way cheaper!

And there you have it, my thoughts on shoes and shorts. 
 What kind of shoes do you exercise in?

No comments: