Monday, July 18, 2011

A weekend to remember

While growing up, memories can often run together.  Don't get me wrong, I remember many distinct things about my childhood.  However, in this adult stage of life, we have to intentionally set up times to spend with friends and family.  There is nothing wrong with this system; it is just a fact of life, and we have learned how to adjust to it ever since graduating.  This past weekend, we hosted my brothers Stephen (on left) and Aaron (right) for some good food, music, and fellowship.  We had a great time together, and I think I can speak for all of us when I say that it is a weekend we will always store up in our treasured memories.     


We hung out at our apartment complex's pool for a good number of hours on Friday and Saturday.



Aaron minus his head.  FYI, Aaron is affectionatly known in our family as the Beau-kid.  When he was little we starting calling him Air-beau and over time it evolved into Beau-kid.  There you have it, a Leininger family history lesson.

According to Stephen, that one hurt.

Casey joined us when he got home from work Friday evening.

I was kept cool by the splashing.

A running start is necessary.  The lifeguard in me had to be reined in.




They did some resting.

Jumped again.


And repeat.  Aaron moved the fastest by far - each and every time. 


We enjoyed good drinks along with super.  To be clear, Aaron had his first non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri.

I can't believe I didn't take any pictures on Saturday night.  Casey played at a local restaurant called Caliente, and lots of great people came!  I was so wrapped up in talking with people, I did not snap one single photo.  Oops...

On Sunday morning, I made not so mini-cini's and Beau-kid made his famous frambled eggs.  (He cracks them right into the frying pan, so they start out looking like fried eggs, but then he scrambles them up = frambled. 

Cresent rolls make great cinnimon rolls.

Steve-o caught up on his social networking, and supervised those of us hard at work in the kitchen.  Stephen also read Pioneer Woman's entire cook book.  He is now a fan, for more reasons than just eating her food now.
  Casey slept in, because let's me honest, playing guitar, singing really well for several hours the night before will take it out of ya.

All and all, we had a fabulous weekend, and Casey and I were sad to see the boys go.
But that just means that they will have to come back! 


1 comment:

Stephanie C. said...

I loved the pool pictures, made me laugh!