For example, my scarves have lived in a little brown ottoman since college. It is impossible to see all of them because they are on top of each other, and they don't get the opportunity to "air out." I was thinking of ways to fix this, and I remembered having what is known as an accordion hat rack and or mug rack hanging in my room when I was little. It held all of my dress-up purses. I called my mom and asked her if she remembered what I was talking about, and if they still had one. She in turn consulted with my dad, and the answer turned out to be no. So, my next option was to hit the antique stores/flea markets. I went one day after work to one of our local shops. I kept my eyes on all of the walls, because I figured if they had them, they would be hanging up. Sure enough, I spotted one, way up high out of reach. I asked the man behind the counter to help me, and we he pulled it down I noted that the price was $2. Score! (The others I had seen on e-bay were anywhere from $4-7.) I paid for it, and came straight home to hang it up.
Not only is my brown ottoman available for storage again, but the scarves add color along with texture to our bedroom. Which is very desirable according to my interior design friend.
I call that easy wall art.


No comments:
Post a Comment