I hope this post finds you staying cool, and relaxing this weekend. I am way behind on posting recipes, but I promise I have been cooking quite frequently. Particularly, from Pioneer Woman's cookbook, and by that I mean I have exclusively been cooking from her cookbook this past week.
Last night we had company for dinner and I made her blackberry (or whatever fruit you want to put in it) cobbler. It was simple to make, and good, and I used blueberries.
Before baking.
After baking.
Ingredients:
1/4 pound (1 stick) butter, melted
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
2 cups fresh (or frozen) blackberries, or blueberries, peaches, raspberries, etc.
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3-quart baking dish with butter.
2. Place the stick of butter in a microwave-safe dish. Heat in a microwave for 30-45 seconds, until melted.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup of the sugar with the flour and milk.
4. Whisk in the melted butter.
5. Rinse the blackberries and pat them dry.
6. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter.
7. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries.
8. Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown and bubbly. When 10 minutes of cooking time remain, sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the top. (I skipped this step because I completely forgot about it).
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream or both!
I also made blueberry muffins with chocolate chips. Mmm, these will get ya goin' in the morning fa sho! (The only food this week that is not copyrighted by PW).
I made her chicken spaghetti. Delish!
Creamy Rosemary Potatoes. Divine.
And of course, with lots of cooking comes a multitude of dirty dishes. I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of the dirty dishes though - I was tired of looking at them.
Clean dishes = a moment to savor for ever and ever amen.
(We don't usually wash wooden utensils - we know the rules. It sounds like I'm blame shifting here, but Casey admits that he forgot about the rules).
This weekend I have resorted to us eating leftovers and cereal. However, this morning Casey and I went for a run and found ourselves to be very hungary afterwards. We headed downtown to a local dining attraction for breakfast - Southbound Bagal. Friends, if you are ever in Hattiesburg, and you love coffee, and you love bagels, you need to eat at Southbound. For those who are familiar with City Bagel in Starkville (Dad), it is much like that.
Chocolate chip bagel with cream cheese. It doesn't get much better than that. I'll run for this any day.
Ok, enough about food.
1 comment:
Mmm! It all sounds delicious! I want to try the blueberry and chocolate chip muffin recipe :)Love the "updated" layout, by the way! Hope you and Casey are wonderful!
Post a Comment