Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shrimp N Grits

The night before last I made my own version of shrimp and grits.  This is a dish that I always enjoy ordering when I'm dining out - particularly at the beach. 


For the sauce:
1 15oz jar Alfredo sauce
diced onion - however much you like
1 diced roma tomatoes ( next time I will use 2)
shredded mozzerella cheese
couple teaspoons of garlic powder
your choice of tortellini (I used meat & cheese stuffed) 
1 bag (containing 100-150 shrimp)
parsley flakes to sprinkle on top

Cook tortellini accoding to directions on package.  While waiting for the pasta water to boil, poor Alfredo sauce, diced onion, diced tomatoes, mozzerella cheese, garlic powder, and shrimp into a frying pan on medium heat. Stir until mixed.  Once tortellini is cooked stir it into the sauce as well.

Grits:
I used Quaker Instant grits.  Once cooked, serve grits into bowl and spoon as much of the shrimp sauce as possible on top.  Top with parsley flakes.  (I'm sure fresh toppings would be great as well).

YUM!

1 comment:

Stephanie C. said...

Can't wait to try it! Apparently Georgia is the shrimp n' grits capital, so i can't wait to try this dish around town.