We'll start with my bouquet from Amy's wedding. Isn't it pretty?
This is the top layer from our wedding cake last year.
It still taste just as we remembered it - delicious! Homemade lemon cake, with butter cream icing. (The cupcakes that were served to the guest had cream cheese icing.) Sorry, had to note that in case I want to remember what it was 15 years from now.
You can see where the flowers were placed in the icing.
Here is what our the top part of the cake looked like on June 5th, 2010.
And here is the rest of it.
The cupcake flavor we choose to cut was lemon. The other two flavors were strawberry and wedding cake.
We don't normally feed each other, so that was a first. As I'm sure it is for most couples on their wedding day.
Fun fact: Casey and his Papa built the cupcake stand. Here's what it looked like before paint and ribbons. If you know anyone who wants to borrow it, we are more than happy to oblige!
Gerber's were everywhere at our wedding. I really like how happy they look. Happy flowers, happy day.
We had a wonderful time at our reception, but I want to reflect on the ceremony. Casey and both agree that we couldn't have asked for a better one. It was filled with people who love us, God's word, Gerber daisies, piano music, two talented voices for the "special music," and most importantly, the vows that we made to each other. I felt prayed for as I a stood there committing my life to Casey. I was at total peace and was able to soak in each word he said to me, and each word I said to him. The congregational hymn we sang is one of my all time favorites. I picked it out because each verse can be applied to our walk with Christ and marriage.
The verses are:
May the mind of Christ my Savior, live in me from day to day, by His love and power controlling all I do and say.
May the word of God dwell richly in my heart from hour to hour, so that all I see may triumph only through His power.
May the peace of God, my Father, rule my life in everything, that I may be calm to comfort, sick and sorrowing.
May the love of Jesus fill me, as the waters fill the sea; Him exalting, self abasing - this is
victory.
May I run the race before me, strong and brave to face to foe, looking only unto Jesus as I
onward go.
May His beauty rest upon me as i seek the lost to win, and may they forget the channel, seeing only Him.
*Here is, in our opinion, one of the best series of pictures from the day.
Casey waiting and listening to the music.
Receiving instructions from dear Mrs. Laura, our wedding director.
The girls all lined up.
Casey's sister Anna, saying something to make us laugh.
Attempting to tuck my hair behind my ear...like it was going somewhere. Just a habit, after all, it's not every day I have my hair styled.
I said to my Dad, "Are you ready?" He looked at me and responded with, "Are you ready?" The last time he had escorted me anywhere was for homecoming court in high school. This was quite a bit different. We both had to take a moment to breathe deeply.
Everybody had come down the aisle, and Casey told me it was at this point that he realized I was next! We had waited for this moment for the 11 months we were engaged, and all day that day. Our hearts were pounding with excitement! We couldn't wait to see each other.
Casey's knees buckled when I came around the corner, he started crying (happy tears) his Dad (and best man) caught his elbow to support him. Because I was watching Casey's face the whole way down, it was at this point on my way down the aisle that I started to tear up. When Tim, our pastor started speaking I was able to regain my composure, and fully focus/enjoy on the rest of the ceremony.
Singing "May the Mind of Christ my Savior."
Celebrating!
I've said it before, but I'm saying it again; a big thank you to say to my parents and all of the other people who worked so hard to make our wedding day special!
*************














































2 comments:
This is my favorite post so far! :)
Post a Comment